Feeding your baby is a natural process, but it is not instinctive. Like any new skill, it takes knowledge, practice and support to be successful. In this new relationship, the parent and baby actually learn how to feed together.
Breastfeeding classes offered by Sally MacFadyen of the Fourth Trimester include:
- How breastfeeding works
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to get your baby to latch
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Positions for feeding baby
- When and where to get help should you need it