Having a new baby is an exciting and emotional change for the big sibling! GROW’s Sibling Prep class for ages 2-5 is a fun and sweet way to prepare big brother or sister for what to expect when their sibling arrives.
Our Sibling Preparation class includes:
- Practice diapering, dressing and swaddling baby dolls (we will provide dolls and all materials needed, or feel free to bring your own newborn size supplies if that’s fun for the sibling.)
- Being gentle with the baby, and practice with supervised gentle holding.
- Discussions around all the things that a new baby can and cannot do, how they eat, where they will sleep, and how they as big siblings can help along the way.
- Snack and story. We will provide nut-free gluten-free snack, or feel free to bring your own.
- Craft project to create a gift for the baby. During this time, we’ll discuss as adults how to help ease the transition for their older child, what to expect in terms of behavior, and how to prepare.
Families are encouraged to ask questions and use this class to have and open conversation regarding the logistics of becoming a sibling, feelings, as well as changes in the family dynamic. All direction will be age appropriate. Please let the instructor know if there is anything unique and special that brings you to our class. We are here to support all types of GROWing families.
LOCATION: GROW Wellness Center, 37 Lincoln Street, Essex Junction VT
Sundays, 9:15-10:15 am
$70 for two adults/one child.
- September 10
- November 12
- January 21
- March 17
- May 19