Being home with a new baby can be overwhelming in the best of times. In our current COVID-19 climate, parents are feeling the strain of less in-person support immediately postpartum. Particularly for first time parents, social distancing can mean a disappearing of hands-on help and advice from new families’ parents, in-laws, and friends.
Imagine having the peace of mind of on-call support for those first few weeks postpartum. Can’t remember how to swaddle correctly? Need help with baby’s first bath? Maybe baby has been crying more than you expected, and you are out of ideas. Insecurities and frustrations can rise quickly when we are sleep deprived and vulnerable. As an on-call postpartum support specialist, Susan is a familiar and trusted friend available to help the new parents as they maneuver the postpartum time in areas including:
- soothing/reading baby’s cues
- bathing/umbilical cord care/nails
- safe sleep suggestions
- basic feeding support/referrals to IBCLCs when needed
- baby massage
- emotional support, including anxiety-reducing techniques and talking through the birth
- physical support including gentle and appropriate stretches for sore postpartum bodies and safe abdominal work.
Postpartum support is offered on the phone, facetime or zoom. Purchase a package of 4 hours for $185, or $55/hour support. Postpartum support is a great baby shower gift! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and to reserve space. Learn more about Susan here. Check with your insurance for reimbursement.